- It’s easy to teach yourself (like moi!). All you need is an easy pattern and a guide to different stitches; the internet is littered with resources.
- It’s a fabulous hobby that won’t cost you much; just some hooks and yarn will set you on your way.
- It’s therapeutic. You can get lost in your project and just forget the chaos surrounding you and your day to day stresses.
- You can produce some fabulous (and useful) things for yourself, friends, family and the home.
- And my personal favourite; all the lovely compliments your handiwork bring :-). Compliments brighten your day and make you proud of your achievements!
It was whilst I was passing a local wool shop, that I remembered how long it had been since I last crocheted anything. On a whim, I bought a couple of balls of yarn and decided to see if I could still do it, and before I knew it I had made my first scarf!
From then on I’ve been collecting patterns and finding resources that will help me to develop my skill level. I will blog my progress here and share the resources, patterns and tips I use along the way and I hope that others can benefit from my experience.